Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thank You George Bush




OBAMA YA'LL!!!!!


Anyone who has ever read the Maroon Tiger opinions column knows that the bulk of our writers are cynics. We keep on the negative cause that's the underlying feeling that everyone in the AUC is feeling.

That's not the case tonight.

When Obama won Virginia the bar erupted. Keep in mind it is mainly a G-tech bar, but the room jumped up, the waiters took shots in the kitchen and the dozen of us that were from the AUC went crazy.

I haven't felt this good in a long long time.

I still cannot believe it. I never thought that this early in my lifetime that a black man would be elected President of the United States.

So after we celebrated with an extra pitcher at the college bar we headed down to Morehouse's campus to celebrate with the rest of the paper staff and the school. It turned out that everyone had woken up and was celebrating hard.

I saw some of our more distinguished members with celebratory cigars outside. Inside Fredrick Douglass Hall we circled up and sang our college hymn. It was possibly the most beautiful moment I have ever been apart of.

From there a bunch of us went to the Strip on Clark Atlanta's campus. If anyone awake is reading this now i urge you to go there now. You will never see any more of a positive atmosphere anywhere (except maybe Chicago) in the world.

I can't believe this is happening in my lifetime.

I can't believe this is happening at all.

No comments: