Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Celebration at a Different Venue

It's fascinating following this at Rocky Mountain. Being near Tech's campus shows how essentially unimportant all this is to those who aren't devoted to the cause that is Obama. At least until Ohio was declared in the Obama column and the bar filled with uproarious cheers. But it's still worthy of note that unlike the AUC, Tech goes on. As Alex noted earlier, trivia night is still going. There are still quite a few televisions set on ESPN. Everything is on mute except the various conversations.

The phone calls come in as the night wears on and this night is over. It would be nice to see the cheers of the AUC on this historic night but the AUC doesn't have beer.

Still, it's going to be a short but celebratory night. I've done all I could through all this not to drink the Obama Kool-Aid but I just can't escape the hype. This is going to happen. This is going to happen soon. And I'm fairly certain I couldn't be happier.

We'll I couldn't be happier after another beer or two and some whiskey. This is soon to be rectified.

No comments: