Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whatever You Do, Keep The Womenfolk Happy

I feel like I have to preface this by saying that I am a feminist, of sorts.

But, I do like to call a spade a spade. And right now, Hillary supporters are dealing a royal flush to the party hand up top and has the party by the, um, (can I say that on here) down low. Now, I'm all about feministing, but I think there is a bit of overcompensation going on. The chair and all the co-chairs are women. Most of the keynote address appear to be addressed specifically to women. And, every wo-man on the street interview that I see, Hillary supports seem pretty bitter. Like...Obama won the nod, dude. Chill.

We don't have to let the pendulum swing off the rocker on the other side. Equality is not about making something that was all-white, all black. Or all-male, all female. It's a dialectic development, maybe. But its not progressive.

And as an aside, if Clinton had won the nomination, would the party be working as hard to make sure they kept the black vote? To reconcile the party?

Shout out to my girl Shirley Franklin though. She's having a rough time at home but she's doing her thing on the national level.

1 comment:

Donovan said...

I suggest that the women of the party, of the country for that matter, try to answer the question that Hillary posed last night. She asked, "were you voting for me or were you voting for the young soldier in Iraq?"

I hope that people remember, in this election, that our problems are bigger and more pressing than our identities.