Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quick Hits: 8.25.08: Day 1 of the DNC Convention


1) John Legend and the rainbow coalition was inspiring.

2) Some of the outfits in that crowd deserved more camera time. Like the multiflag cowboy hat.

3) I heard Donna Brazile's voice but why wasn't my boo on camera more?

4) What was up with all the Earth, Wind, & Fire playing in the background? Were they trying to invoke an electric slide?

5) Jesse Jackson Jr. almost pulled off an Obama moment from the 2004 Convention. Almost.

6) Ken Burns did his thing on that Kennedy documentary. Uncle Teddy is my Senator too! When he said that "young Americans in uniforms will never again be committed to a mistake," he reminded us that he is a liberal champion and the last of a dying breed.

7) I raise my Stan flag proudly for Claire McCaskil. If you can count on any Barack Obama surrogate to act a fool, it's her.

8) CNN must really think they have THE BEST political team on television; so good that they thought it was OK to talk over Nancy Pelosi. My tip for tomorrow: watch PBS. They don't even have commercials.

9) Michelle Obama's mother is the new Morgan Freeman. Period.

10) And shouldn't we all be so lucky as to have a wife like Michelle Obama. Her speech hit all the major points. She reintroduced her husband, said the words "I'm proud to be an American," and gave Hillary a shout-out. What more could you ask for?

Bonus) I'm on Team Mailia. That talkative one however...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that lil girl was talkin too damn much